Its not about the so called culture and tradition…!
Got to watch the Tamil movie – Vamsam in theater few days back. As I was much impressed with the director Pandiraj’s previous movie “pasanga”, my expectations was lil bit high. And the review in Ananda vikadan – a Tamil weekly magazine also added more expectations in to me. While watching the movie I was lil bit disappointed with a usual village subject with normal stuffs. But the efforts were good and cleanly displayed. The second half of the movie is good, especially Jayaprakash and Kishore’s performance were extraordinary. But I feel, director Pandiraj can do much more than this. I feel for these kind of movies the music is most important one. But this movie failed to impress with the music. But one thing I hate with this move and not only with this movie and with all other movies about the particular caste system. told positive or negative, but it creates impact on common people. Cinema is not only a entertainment media for most ppl, it travels beyond that. It gets into many lives and hearts. And a sensitive media too. This generation doesn’t need the things related to caste system and the stories related to that. It will create a impact on this generation too. We don’t want to see a caste based division and discrimination again with our generation. And we need our next generation without caste existence. I’m aware that these caste and subdivision are created with some good reason, but all the ex-generation gentlemen spoiled those values and now it is carried with different note and intention. And with the rapidly changing in the attitude of the living style in people, these things doesn’t mean much. So better to avoid to deal it detail in movies. Coming to this film Vamsam, the movie deals with a south region caste and portrayed the so called tradition and culture. The worst part is , few of my friends being a good critic , they like this movie and praised this movie blindly with no reason. I wondered why it was…then while discussing to them in detail, I came to know that they are from the same caste and region and they feel proud about this. I’m not finding a fault in them. Because movies is not only a entertainment , it also creates impacts. What we say culture and tradition in movies are not actually. Things were created for good cause and later it has been used for different cause. Lets create a new caste & religion free world for our next modern generation. Wish every director should have some social responsibility.ps: about the movie is afterall my views and not review. Perception varies…just expressed my views.
- Movie Review: Avatar Special Edition (slashgear.com)
- Piranha 3D Exec Snaps Back at James Cameron (escapistmagazine.com)
- Piranha 3D Producer Bites Back At James Cameron! (perezhilton.com)
- How I Produced an Online Movie (ariwriter.com)
- Are This Year’s “B” Movies Better Than the “A” Movies? (cinematical.com)
- Madonna Casts Daughter Lourdes In Her New Film (pinkisthenewblog.com)
- Influence of Caste on Rural Society (socyberty.com)
- Products of mass distraction (blogs.suntimes.com)
- Apple Now Serving Up Showtimes With Its Movie Trailers [Movies] (gizmodo.com)
- “The Exorcist Extended Director’s Cut” Returns to Theaters with Never-before-Seen Footage for Thrilling One-Night Event (eon.businesswire.com)